The Call to Establishment
I Chronicles 22:17, 18
17 “Then David ordered all the leaders of Israel to help his son Solomon. 18 He said to them, “Is not the LORD your God with you? And has he not granted you rest on every side? For he has handed the inhabitants of the land over to me, and the land is subject to the LORD and to his people.”
Some say that the House of Prayer is in each heart. I agree with this statement. Many say that the House of Prayer is a function of the church. This is also true. Others argue that the House of Prayer is primarily a spiritual construct. This is true as well. All of these statements are true, yet as long as they are used to support the status quo and hold back the vision and resources that God is raising up for the physical establishment of Houses of Prayer in the earth, the church will merely go on in its current condition, with little to show of God’s amazing promises. Do you want to see God’s promises fulfilled?
We are in a time when God is challenging many of us who have ears to hear to put our hands, hearts and resources to work to see the House of Prayer established in our communities. The House of Prayer is a physical establishment of the work of heaven in the earth. As such it is the seed of heaven planted among us. As long as we will not plant the seed, we will not see the fruit. We all long for God’s kingdom to come among us in a way that will change the world around us. We sing and pray for revival to come, but God is revealing to us an important part of His strategy, foretold throughout the scriptures, for establishing His move in the earth: the restoration of David’s tabernacle! The House of Prayer is the seed, the kernel of heaven planted in the earth to help prepare His bride, to help equip the body, to contain the power of heaven so that it may begin to flow forth into the world.
Once the House of Prayer is established and in operation in a community, the Christian will learn to walk in the work of heaven, and his heart will become a House of Prayer. Then the churches will learn to walk in love, and they will become Houses of Prayer. Then the Bride will be prepared in the earth, and her heart will function as the spiritual House of Prayer all over the world. BUT the seed must first be planted: the House must first be built!
The purpose of the establishment of the physical House of prayer is to be:
- an establishment of worship, intercession and revelation in the earth so that everyone who will, can come and learn how to move in the work and the power of heaven. We must plant it.
- The purpose of the physical House of prayer is to offer a neutral connecting point for the scattered and divided body of Christ that we may come together in unity around the work of heaven and learn to live and move in the power of love. We must build it — together.
- The purpose for establishing the House of Prayer is to open the doors of heaven to the saved and the unsaved alike, 24-hours a day – that everyone who will may come all the way into the presence of Almighty God. We must establish it.
- The purpose of the House of Prayer is to be a center for Kingdom community that forms a platform for the outpouring of the Spirit of God upon all flesh, that God’s Kingdom would come and His will would be done on the earth in the same way that it is done in heaven. We must begin! We must devote our hearts, hands and the resources God has given to this call, and begin to establish it!
I Chronicles 22:19
19 “Now devote your heart and soul to seeking the LORD your God. Begin to build the sanctuary of the LORD God, so that you may bring the ark of the covenant of the LORD and the sacred articles belonging to God into the temple that will be built for the Name of the LORD .”
- Announcing… the Meat From the Mystics Series! (jscotthusted.wordpress.com)
Pingback: 4 Reasons It is Critical to Establish the House of Prayer Right Now … | Harp and Bowl Worship
Pingback: Word of Establishment — a prophetic word | J. Scott Husted — Through the Veil