On March 26 dozens of world leaders, including US President Barack Obama, will gather for the Nuclear Security Summit in Seoul. The summit will focus on ways to safeguard atomic material worldwide and prevent acts of nuclear terrorism.
- Pray for the safety of the world leaders who will be in Seoul this month.
- Pray that God will have His way at this summit, guiding the decisions that will be made.
- Pray that God will ultimately safeguard atomic material worldwide, and prevent nuclear terrorism.
In addition, South Korea has plans to hold a major military exercise near the disputed Yellow Sea border with North Korea at the same time as the global forum, on the 2nd anniversary of the sinking of the warship Cheonan.
To add to the tension, during the international summit US President Barack Obama plans to visit the DMZ at Panmunjom on the Southern side, and give a worldwide address to North Korea. This speech will showcase the strength of the US-South Korean alliance and send a message to the regime in North Korea.
- Pray that God will preserve South Korea, and that the South will not provoke the North.
- Pray for peace and protection over Barack Obama, and pray that his speech will contribute to peace and reconciliation between North and South Korea.
- Pray for peace on the Korean peninsula, and pray that the brothers will become one!
Meanwhile 130 North Korean officials including Kim Jong Eun, have visited Panmunjom on the northern side since last week, amid intensifying threats from the North. Panmunjom is the village that straddles the tense line between the North and the South. Vehicles carrying oil, food and other supplies have been sighted in the area.
- Pray that God will be Lord over North Korea!
- Pray that God will have His way in the hearts of the North Korean officials, and that He will keep them from all evil plans — protecting all the people of North and South Korea.
- Pray that God will disallow any aggressive plans of the enemy.
- God, bring North and South Korea to salvation! Bring them to peace and to wholeness again, under Your son, Jesus Christ!