The Chosun Ilbo reports that:
- This has been the most rainfall since Korea began gathering weather data in 1907.
- Some 620 people are left homeless, while the power at 66,093 homes was cut off — and 720 homes are inundated.
A landslide at a mountain resort in Chuncheon killed 13 students from Inha University.
- Pray for the families of the students.
- Pray for safety in Chuncheon.
A landslide in Gangnam left 17 people dead.
- Pray for the effected neighborhoods.
- Pray for the families and friends of those killed.
- Pray that the eight people missing will be found safe.
Swelling waters at a stream in Gyeonggi Gwangju killed six people in their homes.
- This happened in our neighborhood!
- Pray for the families affected.
- Pray for housing and care for those 623 people left homeless.
More Rain is Predicted!
Another 250 mm of rainfall is forecast to fall between Thursday and Friday. High winds and thunderstorms are also expected between Thursday night and Friday morning.
The Korea Meteorological Association is also warning of more landslides.
- Pray that God protect this nation!
- Pray that the rainfall will stop.
- Pray that God will have mercy, and that there will be no more flooding or landslides.
- Pray that God will draw close to all those affected, will bring them to salvation, and help them build a new life in Him!