Pray preparation for transformation over your city:
- 1) Ask the Holy Spirit to reveal what needs to be brought out of the darkness and into the light so those things that are hindering transformation may be illuminated.
Eph 5:11 “11 Have nothing to do with the fruitless deeds of darkness, but rather expose them.”
- 2) Ask God to soften the hearts that have been hardened and open the eyes of those who have been blinded to the truth of Jesus Christ –
John 12:40 40 “He has blinded their eyes and deadened their hearts, so they can neither see with their eyes, nor understand with their hearts, nor turn—and I would heal them.”
- 3) Repent for citywide sin and iniquity, both past and present —
2 Chronicles 7:14 “14 if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land.”
- 4) Release angels into the streets to prepare the city, and begin to bring the Good News of Jesus Christ –
Rev 14:6 6 “Then I saw another angel flying in midair, and he had the eternal gospel to proclaim to those who live on the earth—to every nation, tribe, language and people.”
- 5) Pray for the “dome of darkness” (altar to the enemy) to be destroyed so that the Establishment of His Glory and Presence (altar to the Lord) may be erected –
II Chron 33:15-16 “15 He [Manasseh] got rid of the foreign gods and removed the image from the temple of the LORD, as well as all the altars he had built on the temple hill and in Jerusalem; and he threw them out of the city. 16 Then he restored the altar of the LORD and sacrificed fellowship offeringsand thank offerings on it, and told Judah to serve the LORD, the God of Israel.”
- 6) Continue the process: in the house of prayer, with others, and in your own prayer time!